As an Area Coordinator for Anglia Homes Purchasing department, you will be solely responsible for the preliminary construction and support to the Construction team members for all homes that are to be constructed in your assigned area. Some of the Area Project Coordinator duties include, but are not limited to ACC and permit submittals, job starts, generating purchase orders, and various other administrative duties associated with construction for your assigned area. You will be assisting construction staff by ensuring the accuracy of paperwork associated with new home construction and coordinating with several internal departments to ensure that all necessary documents, payments, and information required for permitting and starting new homes are completed on time based on each subdivision’s timelines.
- Responsible for securing the timely preparation and submission of Building Permits through various Counties & Municipalities based on deadlines predetermined in your community/subdivision’s timelines.
- Order, deliver and pick up (if necessary), all permits from city and county permit offices, as required.
- Requesting/tracking all documentation, architectural drawings, and site plans for Projects in your assigned area.
- Responsible for timely and accurate data entry into BRIX and Pipeline/Tracker Reports to ensure targeted start dates are achieved for your assigned area.
- Prepare and distribute accurate start packages for Construction Managers and upload all documents pertaining to each project in both manual form and digital form to the appropriate location.
- Maintain accurate physical and electronic files for each home in its appropriate location (digital file are to be uploaded into Hyphen/physical files are to be organized into the appropriate filing system).
- Coordinate with your management team to acquire all pertinent documentation (i.e., architectural plans, engineering plans, soil tests, etc.) for a timely and complete building plan package for ACC and Permit submissions.
- Acts as the community liaison and point of contact for issues of, but not limited to, permits, utilities, architectural plan committees reviews and plot plan issues.
- Review Buyer Option orders to ensure all structural options fit on the lot, and the corresponding construction & engineering sets are sent out for each home accurately.
- Assist your Management Team in preparing and submitting bids as needed.
- Attend starts meetings, gather information and additional job folders for weekly starts.
Preliminary Purchase Order Process
- Initiate Preliminary Purchase Orders for all home starts in your assigned area that are designated on the Anglia Homes Pipeline with an emphasis on accurate Purchase Orders that will include all Change Orders prior to publication of start.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales and Construction team members regarding community standards, selected option issues that may arise and coordinate all related notes to your Managerial Team for corrections.
- Maintain and distribute updated options reports as needed.
- Be familiar with all pertinent budgets, costs, standard features, and available selections that may be offered in your assigned communities/subdivisions.
- Assist with facilitating “Construction Stage Cut-Off dates” for all options and change orders for your designated communities/subdivisions.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of bid packages for communities assigned to your area.
- Evaluate all bids received to ensure bids are per specs, plan specifics, and include all appropriate details then coordinate with your Managerial Team for corrections as needed.
- Assist your Managerial Team to resolve contract changes/issues with pricing, change order requests.
- Communicate product and pricing changes to Construction, Sales, and other team members as appropriate for your assigned area.
- Track all Model Discounts by trade and report to your Managerial Team.
- Keep abreast of community standard features, plans, community options, floor plans/engineering, related building codes subject to ordinances associated with in your assigned communities/subdivisions.
- Assist with the Authoring and Publishing the Standard Features Matrix(s) all projects (with Managerial approval) and work with All Departments (Purchasing, Sales, Marketing and Construction) to help maintain these features.
- Help produce/manage monthly Purchasing Department reports creation, distribution, and analysis for your assigned communities.
- Perform cost comparisons and analyses as needed or instructed by your Managerial Team to support overall company budgets of all projects assigned to your area.
- Work with the Purchasing Director/Manager to determine the base home cost and option costs before total sales prices being finalized.
- Order samples for sales teams, design center, and other subcontractors as needed (i.e. cabinet stain samples for paint subcontractor (for beams, stairs, etc.).
- Assist with the facilitation of budget revisions for all plan changes (frame walks, specification changes, field redline changes, added options, etc.).
- Assist with providing and revising of base house budgets monthly as directed by Managerial Team.
- Perform bid analysis and create and compile contract confirmations as well as all backup as necessary for audit compliance as instructed by your Managerial Team.
- Assist in base cost and option price analysis.
- Investigate, research, and inform the Accounts Payable department with all billing revisions/inquiries if needed.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Anglia Homes internal departments, subcontractor trade partners, suppliers, and vendors.
- Proactively engage with office and field team members and departments to improve processes and community executions, and to ensure work is being completed in a timely, efficient manner.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines, and department parameters.
- Research and resolve Vendor disputes, including product or pricing issues, and invoice and contract discrepancies and coordinate pricing adjustments as instructed by your Managerial Team when necessary.
- Address daily issues concerning house files, vendor issues and/or material/trade purchase orders.
- Detail-oriented, and well organized with ability to prioritize
- Must be able to effectively communicate with office staff, field personnel, vendors, and sub-contractors
- Must be a team player with strong sense of urgency
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must have ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to special tasks
Job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to the Office/Community daily to adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers, higher-level manager, and others as needed
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working with Anglia Homes, LP
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer, and their needs, first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program